The near-surface sounding aimed at prospecting the upper part of the cross-section reaching depth 200 m is employed in different modifications (SEP, VES, DEP, FS, TEM, AMTS) to solve a wide scope of geological problems:
· Geological mapping;
· Prospecting and exploration of nonmetalliferous resource commodities;
· Mapping rocks and investigation of their morphology at depth;
· Mapping the basement of Quaternary sediments;
· Location and investigation of active fault zones;
· Defining location of groundwater reservoirs.
Electric survey is the top-level method broadly used in prospecting, exploration and development of ore deposits, at which it was initially targeted. Currently, the ore-oriented geophysics fairly widely applies electric prospecting, because ore bodies often occur in electric fields due to contrast electric values of electric conductivity of polarizability and ability to create anomalous natural electric fields.
Differentiation of rocks by electric properties, as well as distinguishing ore formations considering electric parameters from hosting rocks, make it possible to reliably delineate ore-bearing structures, ore fields and zones;
Applying the up-to-date hardware-software stations the staff of IERP efficiently implement the following procedures:
· Prospect and explore ore deposits;
· Delineate and map ore-bearing zones;
· Define ore-controlling zones;
· Specify location of ore bodies, their shape and setting.